No Internet yesterday, so today you get a double feature of updates.
The trip from Belorado to Villafranca Montes de Oca was only about 12km yesterday, but it was totally miserable. It was cold and it was raining. The pilgrim hostel in Villafranca was also pretty chilly, so I spent almost the entire afternoon and evening, save for dinner, curled up in bed where it was warm. Got a good amount of sleep though.
Today, the trip here to Atapuerca was about 18km, a good amount of it through some mountains.
And it SNOWED. At first the stuff I saw on the trees and plants I thought was just frost, but no, when the snow started coming down by the time we (we being myself and the Italian man from earlier) reached the monument to victims of the Spanish Civil War, it was actually snowing.
I prefer snow to rain, so it wasn´t that bad, but I´ll be glad to get into Burgos tomorrow and pick up the package I forwarded to myself, since it has gloves in it. And an extra sweater, which I think I´ll find very useful, because it is getting colder and colder.
It is still snowing a bit outside, but the pilgrim hostel here promises to be a bit warmer than the last one. No Internet, for that we had to come down to the tourist office, but it is free. There is a tourist office here because Atapuerca is known for being a place with several archealogical digs and finds of ancient human remains and such.
Tomorrow it is on to Burgos. In Burgos, I pick up my package that I forwarded to myself, find out the times for the bus to Leon, buy a ticket, repack my bag and send more stuff home. I´m considering staying an extra day in Burgos to take care of all of that stuff, we´ll see.
I´ve been on the Camino for fifteen days now. Who knows how many more!
For now, I need to go find food, since I´m very hungry. Hasta luego!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It snowed here today too. Like, enough that the snow plows came out and all that.
Supposed to get above 10 for Halloween though.
It was cold here, but we were lucky to not get any precipitation (which would have been snow). Parts of Eastern and Western Ontario were without electricity because of the snow.
I'm still waiting for Indian summer! Do they have that in Spain? Are there still leaves on the trees? Well, keep on trekking, etc. You've done great! The decision to take the bus to Leon is smart.
Milestiba no mums visiem! M un P un p un p un N un T Mes Tev tiesam apbrinojam!
p.s. Any chance of photographs??
Post a Comment