Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Viana!

My feet felt quite good when I woke up this morning, so I ended up going further than I had planned. Good thing too, since Torres del Rio, where I had originally planned on staying, didn´t look so good.

This hostel has triple bunks, but I´ve got the bottom one and since most people I know seem to be going on to Logrono today instead of staying here (there are only three of us here right now), I don´t predict there will be a problem being in cramped quarters or anything. This is also the first hostel to offer lockers with keys, which is nice.

Today´s path was very winding, if it had been straight it would´ve cut off about half of the journey time easily. Mostly through vineyards, and for the first 8km or so, I was all alone in all directions that I could see. It was both cool and unsettling.

Having your only task for the day be walking to a new city is both calming and maddening at the same time. Calming, because you don´t have other responsibilities, maddening because you need to *get* to that next town, and it is up to the power of your own feet to do it.

Tomorrow will be the short day to Logrono. Rest up a bit in a bigger city, buy some things I need (if I can´t find them here, for now I need to wait for siesta to be over), and then spend the rest of the day relaxing.

And since I believe this is my last post from Basque Country, I´ll say bye in Basque today - agur!

No comments: