I arrived yesterday afternoon.
So far:
I successfully made it to downtown Barcelona, a harrowing experience involving transferring planes at Frankfurt (which involved walking across what I believe to be the entire airport), arriving at Barcelona airport, taking the train into the centre and then the metro to my hostel)
And then:
-bought my hiking poles and headlamp
-wandered about and found natural/organic grocery stores
-chatted with people in hostel - people from England, Ireland and Colombia
-bought a train ticket to Hendaya without speaking English (go me! Though which language I bought them in, I cannot say, since all Romance languages are a jumble in my head)
Back at the hostel for a break right now, then heading off to the Maritime museum and maybe up Montjuïc, since the night walk last night (organized by the hostel) was cancelled due to weather. Right now it is a bit overcast, but not bad, so I may head up there myself.
Adeu!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
As for not knowing what language you bought tickets in, that's basically how I am 100% of the time—within one conversation I can easily speak in or at the very least include words from Estonian, English, German, Italian, French and Russian, among others. Certain vocabulary is just so firmly entrenched in my circuitry that it just doesn't register as being 'foreign', and I won't realize I used any words out of the ordinary (i.e. English) unless and until the person I am talking to didn't understand something and subsequently points it out. Which they don't always do.
Good to hear that you arrived safely and that things are going well. The night walk sounds divine. I'm very envious.
Yay, I'm glad things are going well for you so far.
And for some reason I'm on a museum kick right now, so I envy you.
Post a Comment