Made it to Burgos.
It was a half and half trip - half of it was absolutely miserable in cold rain and wind walking over a mountain and along an airport (that is, an empty field with no trees or anything to block the wind and rain), half of it was better in a bus - my guidebook said that when you reach Villafria, which is a suburb of Burgos, you can catch the bus straight to the centre, cutting out 8km of unpleasant suburban walking, so that is what we did, along with an Australian, German and Korean we found while waiting for the bus, and who didn´t know about the bus, but when hearing about it, decided it was a very nice option.
The hostel here seems pretty nice - it is very new. Internet downstairs, dormitories several floors above, where there are four-bed sections kind of separated off rather than completely open space with beds. Not that that will do anything in terms of protection from loud snorers, but not having completely open space is nice for a change. And there are lockers where you can put your stuff, that not only lock, but also have room for a big backpack plus more. I like that part, since most lockers I´ve encountered don´t have room for my pack.
Since the hostel only opened at 2, and we got into Burgos around 12:30, the Australian had a map of the city that showed the place where I needed to go to pick up my package, so we did that.
When we got to the hostel, I opened it, and it was like Christmas! Socks! Sweater! Books! Well, the books I will be sending back to Canada tomorrow (save for the Portuguese dictionary, but that is tiny), but I´ll be keeping the clothes. I´d been wondering where that third pair of socks went, and I thought I´d sent it back to Canada already, but thankfully they were in this package rather than the other one.
I thought the clothes might have a bit of trouble fitting in my pack, but then considering how cold it is, and how today I was wearing everything except for my pyjama top and my second pair of pants and was still somewhat chilly, I don´t think it´ll be a problem since I´ll be wearing them most of the time instead of carrying them.
This albergue lets you stay an extra day, so I will be doing that, and spend the day tomorrow seeing Burgos, mailing the things that need mailing, and checking out bus schedules. Buses to Leon might not run on Saturday, since it is a national holiday, in which case I´ll see about booking myself into a cheap hotel for the night and catch a bus to Leon on Sunday.
Actually, I may find out the bus schedules now, just to be safe. Hasta luego!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment