Made it to Belorado, 23km or so.
I´d have to say that today was probably my best day on the Camino. My feet didn´t hurt that much, and the blisters are pretty much gone now, so it was just the regular foot pain of walking 23km with a 10kg or so backpack.
I have a feeling I´ll be heading into an Internet-less abyss for a few days, until I get to Burgos on Thursday. But you never know, tiny towns with nothing but a pilgrim hostel might end up having Internet anyways. We´ll see.
From Burgos, I will be taking a bus to Leon, cutting out approximately 180km. The reason I´m doing this is because I´ve recalculated the time that I would need to get to Santiago, and it is cutting it so close that I wouldn´t be able to get to Finisterre (which is actually more important to me than Santiago), nor would I have time to spend in Porto before leaving for London. So by cutting out those nine days of walking, I give myself more room to get done the things I want to do.
The part between Burgos and Leon is essentially a ¨pilgrim treadmill¨as my guidebook puts it anyways, mostly flat and fairly boring expanses of nothingness. So I wouldn´t be missing much, and if I want, I´ll come back to do that portion next summer.
So that´s that! Maybe updates tomorrow, maybe only Thursday. We´ll see the status of things as they come. Hasta luego!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Buenas Dias!
How wonderful! Following a dream, not everyone follows through....
May your pack be light and your days be dry.......
With time names fade...unless you are keeping them elsewhere I would note the names of your Australians, French, Germans, Italians...in your blog..often we think we will return and fill in blanks later, but in reality we have today. Tomorrow there are new things to do...
Keep your feet Happy!
Post a Comment