Monday, October 20, 2008

Estella

Feet hurt. Long day.

Even longer waiting for the washing machine to be free instead of taking a nap or a shower. I guess shower will wait until after dinner.

Today´s hiking was only 22km, but felt like forever. Like usual, started out well, and then went downhill from there. I haven´t taken my boots off yet, and I´m somewhat afraid to, because I think I will have more aches and pains and maybe even more blisters on them. And it´ll probably be difficult to get them back on again.

Good part is, my toes don´t hurt so much anymore. However, the bottoms of my feet feel like they´re on fire.

I´ve walked about 100km in the last six days. Wow. No wonder my feet hurt.

Only about 700km more to go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you soaking your feet? An Epsom salt bath for them would be good, if possible. Should you buy new, comfortable hiking boots? Have you tried taqping our feet with duct tape (like on Eco Challenge)? Maybe you should try walking barefoot (ha, ha! just kidding!) Also try to do some stretches for your lower back. I know I'm lecturing but I'm feeling your pain and it is definitely not pleasant. Take good care of yourself. Milestiba, M