21km today. The last two were absolutely dreadful, because it started raining heavily. Luckily I had my raincoat close at hand, and I always keep my raincover on my pack just to keep everything nicely contained, but it was still unpleasant and my pants got soaked because my rainpants were buried in the depths of my pack, since it didn´t look like it was going to rain this morning.
Compared to last night´s hostel, tonight´s is paradise. Last night, beds were so close together there was barely room to turn around, and the accomodations were generally unpleasant. Not as bad as the night train, but very very close.
I need to do some serious foot care tonight. I have a large collection of blister pads now. They´re expensive, but worth it.
Short day tomorrow, so my feet can recover a bit more. Adios!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Your poor paws, my little cougar! What's the countryside like - fields, mountains, forests, scrub, parklike, villages???? Any travelling companions or are you alone? You certainly have tremendous willpower. Nothing but admiration for your feat!!! What's the temperature like? Is the food O.K? It snowed here this afternoon though nothing remained on the ground. Take good care. m un p
Greetings from Rockwood! During a great dinner with your parents on Sunday night, they turned us on to your blog and Lou and I are getting caught up on your journey. I am awestruck by your adventurous spirit and perseverance! You are exceptional! Be safe! Doris at Rumours
Post a Comment