Title about sums it up.
Made dinner last night. It was tasty, and fed me, a German man, the Dutchman from before, a Hungarian lady, two Australian girls and an American man. We had a great time eating and chatting, such that we almost got caught by curfew (we were just washing up when the lady in charge was telling us that we needed to be out of the kitchen in ten minutes). All of the pilgrim hostels have curfews - usually 10 or 10:30pm - and times they kick you out, usually around 8 or 8:30am. So you can rest up for the next day ahead.
This morning, since the Australian girls and I had things to mail off, we had to wait around in Pamplona until 9:30am, and the American man (it was his first day on the Camino) joined us in waiting, since picking up the trail of the Camino in the city if you haven´t already been following it can be a bit tricky.
We finally got out of the city around 11am, which wasn´t a problem for me, since I was only coming to Cizur Minor but I´m not sure how it worked out for them since the next hostel after Cizur Minor is at least 12km away, where we arrived around noon and they went onwards to Puente de la Reina. Sat around waiting for the hostel to open (which it did around 1pm), chatted with a French guy I knew from earlier in the journey. Got into the hostel, took care of my feet, and then had a nap.
Just woke up, so it is off to see who else has checked in since I went to sleep (seems like there are more people here than I thought there would be), and then find dinner.
Tomorrow, it is hiking up another mountain (but a smaller one this time) to Puente de la Reina. Au revoir!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are doing all the right stuff - taking care of yourself and others. Good for you! You also seem to be meeting all sorts of interesting people. That's got to be the best part of this journey. Best of luck on further trekking. Love you, cougar. M un P
Post a Comment