Made it to Villafranca del Bierzo today. 23km or so.
Spain has a habit of tucking towns into random little valleys, where you don´t see them until you´re in them. Sometimes this is nice, because you happen upon the next town before you expect to, but a lot of the time it can be annoying, because you think you can see the next town you are going to, only to find out that it isn´t the town, and the one you want is actually over three hills and to the right of what you were looking at.
This was the case today. I thought I saw the town, but then the path ended up heading off to the right and over a bunch of hills before reaching a completely different town. I´m not sure what the town I saw was. I´ll look at a map later and see.
Tomorrow begins the journey towards the last set of mountains to cross. After that, the landscape levels out somewhat through Galicia. And in Galicia the mad seafood-eating begins!
Hasta luego!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, you seem to be moving right along! Did you have any companions or was this a "solo" trek?
How's the weather - warmer now? Our Indian summer is over and it's the typical cold wet November. Keep chugging along - you are doing great my brave little cougar!
milestiba, m un parejie. Izlasi e-pastu.
Post a Comment