Monday, November 10, 2008

Ruitelan

Made it to Ruitelan. 19km have never taken so long.

Well, it was probably longer than 19km in the end - instead of taking the route along the road, the Italian man and a Brazilian girl who had joined us this morning (though she has gone on to O Cebreiro) and I took the scenic route over the mountains.

That is plural on the mountains. Though it was mostly just up one, and then around the sides and up a bit on the others. And down, can´t forget the down - down is harder than up, actually.

Ow that was painful - mostly in my back, it feels like my pack has gotten heavier for some reason, even though there isn´t anything new in it. I even got rid of some things.

Maybe it was because I was carrying a variety of clothes instead of wearing them - today was uncharacteristically warm, compared to the past two weeks. Today I was only wearing three layers as opposed to the usual six.

So far it is only the Italian man and I in the hostel here, but we will more than likely be joined by five French (four women, one man), because three of them send their packs on with a delivery service rather than carrying them, and their packs are here, so they should be as well. Whether the Canadian and American girls and their Italian boys end up here as well probably depends on which road they took - they were still in Villafranca del Bierzo when we left, but if they took the road route, they could be miles ahead of us by now. I guess we´ll see.

Now it is time to go rest and have a little snack. Dinner here in the hostel tonight, so no need to search for a restaurant. Hasta luego!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sveika Antrina
Uzrakstiju kaut ko 4 nobembra datuma, bet drosi vien tu neeji atpakal. Tikai gribeju pateikt ka esi loti uznemiga veikt tadu garu pargajienu. Cerams tev bus vel labs turpinajums. Lai tev labi veicas un ar interesi lasisu talak. Fima

Unknown said...

Well done!
And you are taking the scenic routes as opposed to the, I presume, shorter less scenic treks. Good for you, because I think you will absorb more of the flavour of the countryside.
How are my cougar's feet doing?
Paka ir pienakusi bet mums vel jaiet dabut.
Keep it up, you are doing great. Nothing but love and admiration.
milestiba,M un parejie