This morning, my host, a friend of hers and I went on a wine cellar tour and tasting (since Porto is known for Porto wines). It was interesting, and I learned about the different Porto wines and how they are classified and made.
After lunch, they went to class and I went up in the Torres dos Clerigos, the highest tower in Portugal. The views of the city from the top were stunning, but I was afraid I would fall off, because there were large gaps in the walls and it was windy. But I made it down safely.
I acquired my Portuguese Harry Potter book, and another book to read on the plane tomorrow (in English), and went back to my host´s flat, where I was soon met by her, another Couchsurfer (this one from Switzerland) and my host´s boyfriend, and then we all went out for dinner (along with her roommate), and then dessert somewhere else. Talking to them all was fun.
Not quite sure yet what I am doing tomorrow morning, it may just end up being repacking my bags for the flight, and then getting to the airport in the early afternoon.
Tomorrow evening I arrive in London! Hopefully the next post I write will be from my own computer, to be acquired in London in the next couple of days.
Até logo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, things are moving right along. We're very interested in how things will proceed in the U.K.
What is the weather like????? Like temperature, etc. Do they have leaves on trees? Here winter has really decided to settle in; snowing again.
The best of luck in London - may everything work out beautifully. I know it will - because you will make it happen. I don't even consult my "worry doll" much - that means her spell is working very well. That was a great gift!
Lots of love, bucas, bucas,
m un p un parejie
Post a Comment