I have successfully arrived in Porto, Portugal!
It was mostly easy, though I didn´t know that Portugal is an hour behind Spain in terms of the time, and hence in the same time zone as the UK.
Was met by my Couchsurfing host, and am currently at her apartment. This afternoon while she was in class, I wandered about the main shopping street trying to acquire some new clothes, as I am absolutely sick of the ones I´ve been wearing for the past month, and prices here are better than they will be in the UK.
I found some pants, a shirt, socks and winter gloves, but was not able to find a winter coat like I wanted - sizes here seem to run really small for them, but other things fit without problem. Strange.
Tomorrow I will explore the city some more, and in the evening, another Couchsurfer will be arriving here as well. Then Wednesday, it is on to London!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Look how far you have come - already in Porto and shopping. WOW! How is your Portugese?
Is it cold there? Would they have winter jackets? We sure need them here - it seems winter has decided to stay - more "winter wonderland" stuff falling from the sky. Everything is white and grey.
May your flight to London go well and that everything turns out O.K. at that end.
Milestiba, bucas no mums visiem te - m un p un parejie
Post a Comment