Friday, November 28, 2008

London!

I arrived in London Wednesday evening. I survived the plane trip, and am glad I don't have any more planned for the near future. I don't like flying.

Wednesday I arrived, made my way to my new flatmate's, and fell into bed since I was very tired (as anyone would be after taking two subways, a plane, a train, a bus and walking a bit on either end) and had a terrible headache from the plane.

Thursday, the two of us went grocery shopping, and she showed me some other places nearby. I also acquired a winter coat. I learned that it gets dark really early here – it was almost completely dark by 5pm. Then we returned home and cooked quesadillas and fajitas for dinner.

Today, I went into the city centre for my orientation (organized by the agency that I got my working holiday visa through), and then braved the crowds of Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road to acquire my mobile phone and my computer.

So now I am at home, enjoying being connected to the world again. This weekend I will relax and explore the area, as well as acquire some more professional clothes for job-hunting, and then on Monday, the job search begins.

Now that I am somewhat settled here for the foreseeable future, updates on this blog will be less frequent, since there won't always be something interesting to report, but I will try to give updates weekly at least as to how things are going, what my future plans are, and so on. When I start travelling again, then there will be more frequent updates again.

Bye for now!

2 comments:

Wren Draco said...

What kind of computer did you get? :D

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to read that you are in London and starting the next phase of your adventure! You might not think it will be as "blog-worthy" as the pilgrimage portion but I would disagree! I'm interested in the job search, how you spend your free time, the weather, the friends you make... From our quiet life in Rockwood, it is all different and a change of pace. Take care!