Friday, February 27, 2009

Inverness

The rest of my time in Edinburgh was lovely. My Couchsurfing host and I had a lot in common, so lots to talk about. I also went on the hunt for David Hume's gravesite, which took awhile, but eventually I found it.

Yesterday I arrived in Inverness. Have done some shopping for necessities that I'll need for my new job (and more books as well of course), and went for a walk along the River Ness and then the Caledonian Canal. Elected not to go on a trip to Loch Ness, I'll save that for a weekend away from work later on in the spring.

Tomorrow I will do a bit more exploring here in Inverness and area (hoping to get out to the Clava Cairns), and in the afternoon catch a bus to Ullapool, where my employers will be collecting me, so tomorrow night I will be arriving at my new job! I start work on Sunday.

Next report will be from my workplace! Goodnight all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I am interested in this David Hume. I had never heard of him before so I looked him up on Google. Hmmm-interesting. I see why you wanted to "go see him".
Lai Tev labi iet!
Buca,
M