So the rest of my time in Hamburg was spent visiting a variety of unusual museums (spices, Afghanistan, etc.), and following up on the Camino. I lost it in a few spots, but was then pointed in the right direction by a priest at one of the churches it passed, and then followed it along the waterfront for several kilometres.
Now I've made my way to Copenhagen, where I've been having a good time relaxing at a Couchsurfer's. I've visited a few cemeteries, one of which had a memorial to Latvian DPs (Displaced Persons) who died while living there in the years following the war. Saw the Little Mermaid - she was actually bigger than I'd been led to believe.
Saw the Parliament building, the Stock Exchange building and the "Freetown" of Christiana today. Also been enjoying food a lot.
Tomorrow I explore some museums, Thursday I go north to Elsinore for the day, then Friday over to Malmo, from where in the evening I will take the ferry back to Germany.
Goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment