Monday, November 2, 2009

Brussels

Today is my last day in Brussels.

I have explored many different things, highlights being the Chocolate Museum (of course) and an exhibit of controversial photographs.

I'm also embarking on a tasting mission of many of the chocolatiers here in Brussels, to determine which one is The Best. My Couchsurfing host is also helping me in this venture. I've got chocolates from ten different chocolatiers that we're slowly going through.

Yesterday while I was writing down the information about the chocolates I'd just bought at Godiva, I stumbled - almost quite literally - over a metallic scallop shell set in the pavement. Why is this significant? This tells me that the Camino is alive and well in Brussels! I followed the way it pointed and found one other one, but I know there are more and now the Internet has given me the precise route, so this afternoon I am going to go out and follow them!

And eat more chocolate of course.

Tomorrow - on to Ghent!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My goodness - literally - all these chocolates! Yumm, from a distance. Wow, the Camino is really talking to you - is this an omen? Am really interested in the "Camino" walk through Brussels. Where did it lead to, ultimately?
And what was so controversial about the exhibition? Was it offensive or what?