I had a great time in Gdansk, it is a beautiful city.
Gdansk was followed up by a long journey to Riga via Warsaw. I've been in Latvia for the past week and a half, staying with relatives, and spending most of my days in the historical archives researching family history.
I've learned a lot of interesting things. My time in the archives just flies by. I can't wait to be doing it professionally!
I've also caught up with some friends, visited relatives, and bought a variety of books (of course).
On Sunday though, it is off to London! I will be flying there and then spending a week sorting out baggage shipping and bank accounts, and then I get on a plane to go back to Canada.
This long journey is almost over... and then new adventures begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We're going to miss each other in London by less than a week :)
Hi Antra
Your mom gave my mom your blog adress so I've been reading with interest about your adventures in Europe and Latvia. Considering that you plan to become a professional geneologist someday maybe you can check out my roots next time you are in Latvia. If you are still in Latvia say hi to Ainars and family.
Keep up the good investigative work!
Eric Auzins - London On Canada
Post a Comment